Last updated: 01 January 2022
This website (referred to herein as the “Site”) is operated by Dorel Industries that is responsible for your personal information that you provided.
For more information about the Dorel Industries group of companies and brands, please see Dorel | Brands, or contact us by using the contact details listed below.
I want to know…
- Who we are
- Information we may collect
- Use and sharing of information collected
- Legal basis for processing your personal information
- Cookies, web beacons, and online advertising
- International data transfers
- Data retention
- Third-Party Sites
- Your data protection rights
- How to make a request
- Authorized agent
- Changes and Updates
Who we are
[Dorel Industries Inc.] (collectively, “Dorel”, “we” or “us”) takes your privacy extremely seriously. We aim to process personal data in a lawful, fair and transparent way, specifically for the purposes for which it was collected, in and adequate and limited way, for as long as it is necessary and promoting security measures to keep the personal data accurate, up-to-date and safe.
Dorel is a company that operates three distinct business segments (Juvenile, Sport, Home), each consisting of several operating divisions or subsidiaries. Dorel's strength lies in the diversity, innovation and quality of its products as well as the superiority of its brands. A high level of customer satisfaction has been achieved through the location of permanent Dorel teams in close proximity to certain major accounts. Dorel maximizes cross-selling, cross-marketing, procurement and other complementary business opportunities. The Company also offers its divisions and customers a variety of services including quality assurance, supply certification, sourcing of materials, an uninterrupted flow of products and freight forwarding.
You can find operating locations and full list of Dorel Industries companies at LOCATIONS or by contact us using the contact details listed below.
This policy explains what data we collect, how and why we collect it, how we store, use, disclose and keep information about you and your interactions with us secure. These interactions include when you visit and use our websites, when you subscribe for Dorel alerts on News and Press Releases, Annual Report, Quarterly Report and Calendar of Event Notification.
Information we may collect
The data we process (collect, use and share) about you depends on who you are and how we interact with you. Personal information is data that directly identifies you or that makes you indirectly identifiable. This includes data that can be used to identify, locate, follow or contact you.
We collect personal data from different sources, namely data provided directly by you, data collected automatically from the website use and additional data from third parties.
Data provided directly by you:
As a visitor to the site, you can engage in many activities and experience the website without providing any personal information.
Regarding other activities within the website, we may ask you to provide certain information about yourself, by filling in online forms.
These activities may be subscribing for alerts on News and Press Releases, Annual Report, Quarterly Report and Calendar of Event Notification, or when exercising your privacy rights.
It is completely optional for you to engage in the activities mentioned above. If you choose to engage in these activities, we will ask you to provide us with personal data, which you may decline. Depending on the activity, some of the information that we ask you to provide is required and some is voluntary. If you choose not to provide data that is required for us to provide services with respect to a particular activity, you will not be able to engage in that activity and be able to use those services.
If you elect to engage in these activities, we will ask you to provide us with personal information, such as Identification Data [Name (First and Last); Gender; Contact Data (Email address; telephone number) and Information on Professional Life (Company - Employer).
Usage data collected automatically:
When you visit the Site, our servers capture the IP addresses, browser type, operating system, CPU speed, domain names and network identifiers of our users. In some countries, including those in the European Economic Area, this information may be considered personally identifiable information under applicable data protection laws. This information is aggregated so that we can measure the number of visits, average time that you (as a visitor) spend on the Site, the pages viewed, and other similar usage information.
We use this information to measure the use of our Site and applications, and to improve the content and functionality of our Site. We do not, and will not, match such information with any of your personal information without expressly informing you.
Additional data from third parties:
We do not collect data from third parties.
Use and Sharing of information collected
You have the right to know if your personal data is being shared with third parties. Unless otherwise disclosed during its collection, personally identifiable information that may be collected in connection with visitors to this Site is retained by us or our parent, subsidiaries, or sister companies ("Affiliates"). We and our Affiliates do not rent, sell, transfer or otherwise disclose personally identifiable information outside those companies, except as disclosed below or where disclosure is required by law. In other words:
WE DO NOT SELL YOUR DATA
We may use your personal data in order to be able to provide you with services that you required. We may share data with Dorel-controlled affiliates and subsidiaries, with vendors working on our behalf, when required by law or to respond to legal process, to protect our customers, to protect lives, to maintain the security of our products and to protect the rights and property of Dorel and its customers.
We may use the personal information you provided for the following purposes:
- to understand the use of our Site and make improvements,
- to respond to requests from visitors
- to provide any necessary notices to our visitors
- to protect the security or integrity of our Site when necessary,
- to send you notices and solicitations regarding the Site, our products or our Affiliates, and
- in general to promote and market our products and/or products of our Affiliates to you.
We also may share personal information with third parties for the following purposes:
- to obtain services in connection with the purposes listed above, such as website hosting, professional services (including information technology services and related infrastructure), auditing and other similar services necessary to the operation of the Site and services you request. In such cases, the information will be shared for the purpose stated and not for independent use by the service provider;
- in connection with an actual or potential corporate reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock;
- to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary:
- as a matter of applicable law or regulation,
- to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or
- to protect your vital interests or those of any other person; and
- to any other person with your consent.
Legal Basis for processing your personal information
Some regulations require that companies identify the legal basis that support the processing activity of personal data.
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal data described above will depend on the personal data concerned and the specific context in which we collected.
However, we will normally collect personal data from you only:
- where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights, for example responding to your inquiries or tailor our marketing to you, or;
- where we have your consent to do so.
If we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), these interests will generally relate to:
- operating our platform and communicating with you as necessary to provide our services and support to you,
- responding to your inquiries,
- improving our services and platform,
- undertaking marketing, or
- for the purposes of detecting or preventing illegal activities.
We may have other legitimate interests and if appropriate we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided below.
It is our policy that visitors to our Site, who are under the age of 18 (or applicable age of majority if higher in a particular jurisdiction) should not post on or provide information to our Site without the consent of their parents or legal tutor. You should supervise the online activities of your children, and consider the use of parental control tools available from online services and software providers that help provide a kid-friendly Internet environment. The Site is not intended for children under the age of 13. We will not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 from the site. If we learn that we have obtained any personally identifiable information about a children under age 13 or receive any request to this effect, we will delete that information.
This Site has technical and organizational security measures in place. Some of the measures we use in different circumstances are encryption, secured entry points to our servers, and monitoring and training for our personnel to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. We also have implemented measures to maintain the ongoing confidentiality, integrity and availability of the systems and services that process personal information, and will restore the availability and access to data in a timely manner in the event of a physical or technical incident.
However, no system is perfect or can guarantee that unauthorized access or theft of information will not occur.
International data transfers
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country.
Specifically, some of our Site servers are located in the United States, and our group companies and third party service providers and partners operate around the world. This means that when we collect your personal information we may process it in various countries.
We may also rely on transfer mechanisms approved by authorities in the country from which the data are transferred to implement safeguards with our third party service providers and partners to ensure personal data protection. Further details, and copies of the standard contractual clauses can be provided upon request.
We retain personal data we collect where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so for example, to provide you with a service you have requested, including providing you with warranty for the product you have purchased, to retain your information for future marketing purposes or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
In general, we will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us and for a reasonable period of time afterward, for instance to pursue our legitimate business interests, conduct audits, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We review our retention periods of personal information on a regular basis.
This Site may contain links to other sites of third parties. We are not responsible for the content of those websites or the privacy practices of those other sites or sites that they, in turn, may link to.
Your data protection rights
Regardless of where you are, you have rights under privacy and data protection laws, regarding the personal data we process about you.
You may exercise your rights by email or contacting us via telephone through the contacts available below.
You do not have to pay a fee and we will aim to acknowledge and respond to your request within the specific legal timeframe required by the laws applicable to personal information about you.
We will honor the requests you make related to your rights as the law allows, meaning that in some cases there may be legal or other official reasons that limits us to comply the specific request you make related to your rights.
You have / may exercise the following rights:
- the right to be informed (to know) about the personal data that we process, at or before the point of collection (when obtained directly from you).
- the right to access, correct, update or request deletion the personal information we process about you:
- Right of access: you may request us to confirm if information about you is processed. If such is the case, you will receive access to your information and its processing.
- Right of rectification: If our information about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you may request us to rectify your information.
- Right to erasure / deletion: You may request us to erase/ delete your information, for instance, if the information is unlawfully processed, or if you have withdrawn your consent.
- the right to object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information;
- Right to object, processing of personal data based in our legitimate interests, for instance regarding direct marketing purposes.
Right to restrict processing: You may request us to restrict the processing of your information, if
- (i) the information is inaccurate,
- (ii) the processing is unlawful,
- (iii) you need us to retain the information after the retention period for a legal claim, or
- (iv) you have objected to the processing and a verification of our legitimate interests is pending.
- Right to data portability: You may request us to provide you with an electronic file of your information, or to transfer your personal data to a third party if such is technically feasible.
- the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the "unsubscribe" or "opt-out" link in the marketing e-mails we send you. Alternatively, you can indicate your marketing preferences for email, phone and postal marketing during registration or at any time by contacting Us using the contact details provided below;
- the right, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, to withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- the right to equal service and price – right no to be discriminated.
We do not make decisions solely on automated processing, including profiling, that may produce legal effects or similarly significantly effects concerning you.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If you have an unresolved privacy or personal data collection, use, or disclosure concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please know that you have the right to complain / address your concerns to a local Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
How to make a request
To exercise your privacy rights you can communicate to us by emailing us at Privacy Email Account and if you are in the United States, also through the toll – free at: 1-800-267-1739
In order for us to protect personal data under our responsibility we are required to confirm the identity of the owner of the personal data.
On receiving a request to exercise a right, we will contact you, acknowledging your request and ask you to provide us with information that enable us to confirm your identity as the owner of the personal data in order to comply with your request. This may be confirmation on something we know about you or something we know you have, given our relationship.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request.
Authorized Agent (for California Residents only)
Authorized Agents may exercise privacy rights on behalf of data subjects that are residents of California, provided that they make available evidence of permission signed by the data subject.
For security reasons, we may require the data subject to confirm their own identity. We may also require the data subject to confirm to us directly that they provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request.
The previous does not apply in cases where a consumer has provided the authorized agent with power of attorney pursuant to Probate Code sections 4000 to 4465.
An authorized agent shall not use a consumer’s personal information, or any information collected from or about the consumer, for any purpose other than to fulfill the consumer’s requests, for verification, or for fraud prevention.
Changes and Updates
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact us using the following details:
Address: 1255 Greene Avenue, Suite 300, Westmount, Quebec Canada H3Z 2A4
Telephone: (514) 934-3034
Or toll – free at: 1-800-267-1739